What is on page Optimisation?
On page optimisation is optimising your web pages and making sure they are in tip top shape. Search engines will love it because they will be able to read it better. If your website is not optimised then you have less chance of getting good results in the search engines, here is a quick guide of what we do to give you a great On Page SEO service.
We make sure all web pages can be indexed by search engines make sure they all have at least one link from somewhere on your site. We make sure you have unique content on every single page.
We make sure your meta-tags are arranged correctly on all your page title tags, and that description tags describe the content of your different web pages. The page title tags should be less than 68 characters and the description tags more detailed but less than 148 characters.
We will completely crawl and audit your website and compile a full list of on-page related issues that will need to be addressed. Once we have our list of on-page issues we will begin working on the most critical for your rankings. We will also grab critical data straight from Google via Webmaster Tools and use this to optimise your website even further. This process is extremely important as Google will take your websites performance into account when it comes to rankings.
We make sure you label the different headers on your web pages using H tags.We make sure your web page URL’s are SEO friendly, use mod re-write for Linux and Apache hosting or use IIS redirect for Windows. Ideally make it so that the URL’s describe your content i.e. use domain.com/blue-shoes.php as opposed to having something like domain.com/product.php?cat=146. Use hyphens or underscores to separate words in the URL’s.
- We make sure the links within your site are complete i.e. if you are linking to the blue shoes page link to domain.com/blue-shoes.php as opposed to just blue-shoes.php.
- We make sure that you use descriptive URL’s for your images i.e. use blue-shoes.jpg as apposed a bunch of numbers and or letters .jpg.
- We make sure that all images are correctly labelled with descriptive alt attributes.
- We make sure that you make good use of anchor text links within your content, if you have a page about blue shoes, use the phrase blue shoes in the text that links to it.
- We make sure that there is only one version of your site 301 redirect all non www. URL’s to the www. ones or vice versa.
- We make sure that there is only one version of your home page – 301 redirect the index or default page back to domain.com.